Plans for a 40 megawatt solar farm at Kingaroy have been denied by Council.
Terrain Solar submitted an application for the solar farm to be located 3kms east of the township however South Burnett Regional Council have denied the application due the good quality agricultural land at the proposed site.
Terrain Solar - Benefits of the project:
- Generates up to 100 construction jobs as well as ongoing direct and indirect employment opportunities
- Provides enough power for approximately 12,000 average homes
- Displace more than 51,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions annually
- Uses low impact solar photovoltaic technology
- Doesn’t require water for electricity generation
- Significant economic and environmental benefits for regional QLD
Terrain Solar still have the opportunity to appeal Council’s decision.
Missed today's show? Catch up here!